Thinking of getting a new ride? May not be a bad time, considering drive-ins are seeing a major resurgence in popularity since it allows folks to have some fun while still saying socially distanced and safe from the coronavirus. (Also, the Garth drive-in show coming to Bellevue.) But how much fun you have could depend on what car you are taking…and how many people you plan on cramming in.
- A new Cars.com survey finds that 42% of car shoppers say they plan to visit a drive-in movie theater this summer.
- With that in mind, the site has come out with their picks for the five best cars to take to a drive-in. They include:
- Volkswagen Atlas – It can comfortably hold seven, and features a Fender 12-speaker audio system.
- Ram 1500 – It has a spacious truck bed, and has a drainable storage space that’s perfect for snacks, sodas and other treats.
- Chrysler Pacifica – The Stow ‘n Go seats can help create a long flat surface in the rear making it ideal for watching, as long as you park with the back facing the screen, plus it has a lot of mini cubbies and storage nooks for treats.
- Dodge Challenger – Drive-ins are a throwback to another time, and this car’s body-style has the same feel and charm of an old muscle-car.
- Tesla Model X – This all-electric SUV, has a roomy cabin, and tall side windows and a large windshield, which makes it perfect for movie screen visibility.
Where’s the wood-paneled station wagon?!
Source: Yahoo Finance