Dating certainly isn’t easy and no matter how much you try and make a good impression, mistakes and blunders happen and some are certainly more embarrassing than others.
A new British survey, which could easily translate here, finds:
- Close to half of people say they’ve been left embarrassed on a date.
- 42% say those disasters have haunted them throughout their lives.
- Some of the biggest dating nightmares include:
- Awkward silences
- Forgetting their name
- Mistiming a hug or kiss
- Falling over
- Spilling drink on your clothes
- Spilling food down your front
- Bumping into an ex
- Calling them the wrong name
- Telling a joke but it not landing
- There’s no doubt dating can be awkward, and some of the most common reasons for this include nervousness (32%), lack of confidence (20%) and drinking too much (17%).
- Of course how you handle those blunders can go a long way towards whether you get over it or not.
- 44% of people say they tend to laugh off such embarrassing moments.
- 75% say that while they couldn’t laugh about it at the time, they now find it funny.
- But not everyone can get past it, with a fifth of adults saying they were so mortified they left the date early.
- Another 13% went on to cancel their next date.
Source: SWNS Digital